1. Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2011 or February 2012 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
2. All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2011 or February 2012:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; more information)
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (pdf) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
- Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
- Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
- Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee
- Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee
- Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
Application procedure for September 2011 / February 2012 intake:
A. Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University
B. Upload all necessary documents
C. Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page
D. Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page
E. Submit your online application
F. Pay the application fee
- Deadline 1 MARCH 2011 for programmes starting in September 2011.
- Deadline 1 APRIL 2011 only for programmes of the Faculty of LAW starting in September 2011.
- Deadline 1 October 2011 for programmes starting in February 2012.
- The end of April 2011 for September 2011 intake.
- Mid November 2011 for the February 2012 intake.