Griffith International will provide ten (10) partial tuition scholarships equivalent to a 20% reduction of total program fees to Mexican students enrolling in a postgraduate program at Griffith University under the a FUNED program. The partial scholarships do not cover living expenses, overseas student health cover (OSHC), travel costs, repeat courses, or subjects outside of the scholarship student’s degree program. Additional costs must be met by the student. Applications will be assessed on academic merit, demonstrated leadership and personal character. Mexican education agents will collect the scholarship applications and submit them to Griffith University’s International Office for processing
Scholarships will only be available to applicants who:
- are citizens of Mexico;
- have applied to Griffith University and who satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous tertiary level studies, and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s Admission Policy for Coursework Postgraduate Programs (http://www62.gu.edu.au/policylibrary.nsf/);
- will be commencing (not existing) students at Griffith University;
- are enrolling as full-time students in a postgraduate (coursework only) degree program at Griffith University
Applicant selection will be based upon:
- strong academic merit, a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation must be submitted with application;
- demonstrated leadership ability, applications should include at least one professional reference;
- personal character, applications should include at least one reference;
- Applicant's personal statement. The personal statement should include why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
For further details and an application, contact us
The application deadline for student wishing to commence in February 2012 is 9 December 2011. Applications close on 30 April 2012 for students commencing in July 2012.