The University of Adelaide offers a scholarships scheme for international students undertaking postgraduate research study. Its purpose is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort. The selection for scholarships is extremely competitive. A number of ASI scholarships may be available in the mid year round of scholarships for semester 2, 2014 to outstanding international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in any academic discipline.
The ASI provides:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- An annual living allowance of approximately $25,392 (2014 value) for the normal duration of the program; and
- If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree
- ASI Scholarship will be awarded strictly on academic merit. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- International applicants are not eligible for an ASI if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an ASI in the last round of the previous calendar year.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting English language proficiency requirements by the closing date are not eligible for an ASI.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as 'international students' and must maintain 'international student' status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at The University of Adelaide in semester 2, 2012. No ASI may be commenced after 30 November 2012.
- Scholarship winners will not be permitted to defer commencement until 2013.
- Applicants who applied in previous international major scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
- The offer of an ASI scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that a awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University
International Applications and Confidential Referee Reports should be returned either:
Electronically via Email. Please scan and send your application documents in PDF format. Compressed files (eg .zip, .rar) will not be accepted.
Post/Courier (for all original documents):
International Admissions Team
Adelaide Graduate Centre
Level 6, 115 Grenfell Street
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide, SA 5005
Or via Fax: +61 8 8303 5725
1 May 2014
You may address your relevant questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website and Application Link